Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Reformation Day


As I lurk inside and hope no more small children knock on my door (there was one, but he wasn't even trick or treating, just demanding sweets. I gave him an apple and he looked disgusted), my thoughts stray to Reformation Day. I found this link: The Reformation Polka. It may be silly, but humour does have a role in the fellowship of the church.

Llandewi Brefi Church, close to the spot where St. David confounded the Pelagian heretics in Wales seems an appropriate illustration. Calvinistic Methodist leader Daniel Rowland was later curate here.

May I wish you all a very happy Reformation Day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Shiloh Guy said...

Hiraeth

The Reformation Polka is brilliant! I've already forwarded it to many friends.

I remember my first Reformation Sunday at my current congregation. After my sermon a younger woman came up to me and asked, "Pastor, why did Martin Luther King nail his fesces to a door?" Sadly, she was serious.

12:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home