Monday, October 16, 2006

Monday Quote - II.

This Monday's quote is taken from R.S. Candlish's 'Lectures on I John' (Edinburgh, Banner of Truth, 1973). Of this book I have said in the pulpit:
Would you read a book that makes your hair stand on end, that carries you on a rushing journey up hill and down dale, from soaring heights to echoing depths, a book that makes you one moment beseech God to depart from you, since you are a sinful man, the next cry 'hallelujah!' for His free grace? Then let me take the liberty to recommend to you R.S. Candlish's lectures on I John.
I feel deeply about this book. I got great good from it once, and I still do every time I open it.

But here is the quote for this Monday:

All misery lies in our judgement not being in subjection to God's; our will not being in harmony with his. Misery ends, and fulness of Joy comes, when we think and feel and wish as God does. Therefore fulness of joy may be ours; ours more and more; when 'beholding as in a glass the glory of the Lord' - this glory of his being the Father's willing servant and loyal Son, - 'we are changed into the same image, from glory to glory, even as by the Spirit of the Lord.'"

(Vol. 1. P. 33)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home