Saturday, June 09, 2007

Preaching this coming Lord's Day.


God willing, this coming Lord's Day I shall be preaching at the Oulton Broad Free Presbyterian Church, Victoria Road, Oulton Broad, Suffolk. Services are at 11.00 AM and 4.00 PM.
Although a Baptist by conviction, I have many Presbyterian friends, and a high regard for what Presbyterians have accomplished (you may have noticed that). Moreover, like Mr. Spurgeon, I would rather have fellowship with a man with whom I agreed on everything EXCEPT baptism than with a man with whom I agreed on NOTHING except baptism. And I find I agree with the Free Presbyterians more than I disagree with them.

The Church website can be found here


This is the interior of the church building, constructed in 1993, and demonstrating how a modern building can look impressively traditional.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Free Pres would allow you, a Baptist to preach for them? That is amazing...

Wait, oh... the Free Pres of Ulster, not Scotland. I see the light.

11:55 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gervaise, from your comment, it appears you may have a slightly inaccurate view of our baptism - the week before you preached, Kyle baptised Carolyn, a believer, by immersion ! Having belonged to a Baptist church myself previously, I found there was nothing different from this service as any other I had witnessed. By the way, in order that you may forward me a short resume of yourself together with a photograpgh, as I forgot to leave you my email address before you left, here it is - nigel.tompsett@btinternet.com - many thanks, Nigel

10:01 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home