Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Housekeeping and notices. Also: Forthcoming.

The Blogroll at Free St. George's is a little chaotic, and it will not be being cleaned up any time soon. The order of blogs is purely random. There was an order once, but that was a long time ago. Essentially it's a list of blogs I read. I would not say that I AGREE with all of them (I don't), but then, if you only read things you agree with, you miss out on so much.

Now I am about to do what Free St. George's has never done before (and may never do again). I am going to announce three upcoming features here.

1. Starting next week on Free St. George's, God willing, Principal Rainy, in honour of the centenary of his death (22nd December, 1906), a biographical series on Robert Rainy.
2. Remembering Morisonianism, a series on the founding of the Evangelical Union Church will be posted, God willing, some time afterwards.
3. God willing, at some time after that I shall write something about Robert Smith Candlish, who was born on 22nd March 1806, and so whose centenary falls this year.

There is just a remote possibility that the 150th anniversary of the birth of James Denney (5th February, 1856) might draw forth an article, and I may also pause to note the 450th anniversary of the birth of Andrew Melville (26th July, 1556), but these are both under God, and only remote possibilities.
There may well be something (God willing) to mark the 100th anniversary of the death of George Matheson (28th August, 1906), author of 'O love that wilt not let me go', but don't expect too much. I have to preach AND work on my course.

A word on pictures: We are having some scanner trouble here. Normal service will be resumed (God willing) as soon as possible.

Finally, this post is NOT in lieu of the next post in the Robertson Smith series, which will, God willing, appear to-morrow.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home